Publicis is an omni-channel communications agency with over 600 employees across our Canadian operations. The office is the largest in our industry in Canada and boasts talent across various disciplines of marketing and advertising expertise. Publicis carries a balanced split of Canadian, U.S. and Global clients for which we are Agency of Record. Publicis supports a range of D&I actions through our Driving Change team as well as giving back to the community through a long-standing participation in the Out of the Cold Program. With a strong, active, and familial culture, Pub United is the agency’s social club, hosting events as wide-reaching as Curling, Trivia Nights and more.
As an Account Supervisor, you will be the main contact to day-to-day and senior clients on your respective accounts, proactively leading the business and providing strategic counsel. This role requires you to lead and manage integrated communications across the various Publicis divisions and guide programs through flawless execution with the support of junior resources and external partners. This person must demonstrate strategic capability, influencing skills and business acumen in order to instill confidence in clients as well as strong organizational, financial management, and leadership skills to manage multiple projects and workflow across a wide range of agency stakeholders.
The Account Supervisor will assist in leadership on all aspects of the client business including proactively leading the development of strategic plans in partnership with the Director and Vice President, Sponsorship & Events; overseeing and managing plans with support from broader Sponsorship & Events team members and respective Publicis brand teams.
The planning process will include, but not be limited to, strategic sponsorship territory and platform development, sponsorship proposal and portfolio valuation, program assessment, data analysis and insight development, concept and integrated marketing plan development, objective and KPI setting, and preparation of client presentations. In addition, the Account Supervisor must be able to effectively manage internal teams and external IAT partners, ensure timely preparation of work back schedules, pre and post program reviews, budgets, and financial reconciliations, and tender documentation while adhering to operational and financial Publicis policies and procedures.
Day to day, the Account Supervisor will be held responsible for:
- Serving as the main contact with clients, providing short and long-term integrated strategic sponsorship marketing guidance
- Fully understand all aspects of the client’s business and their competitive business environment
- Assist, consider, and explore new strategic opportunities for clients and optimize internal performance
- Process complex sponsorship data to generate key insights, POVs and recommendations
- Articulate and visualize data in an effective and creative storytelling approach to receive stakeholder buy-in
- Develop internal new business opportunities within accounts and external new business strategies to support the Publicis Sport & Entertainment division
- Taking a leadership role in communication in regard to account activity throughout the agency to stimulate opportunities across new and existing clients
- Creating a work environment that is proactive in seeking both new business opportunities and keeping current with leading edge marketing tactics in and outside of industry
- Develop a positive and communicative relationship with all clients
- Inspire the team to develop award-winning creative, strategy and campaigns
- Build and champion integration of the business by leading and facilitating cross-divisional discussion and planning
- Ensure the agency produces work to the highest level of quality, on time, and on budget
- Manage agency resources and building interdepartmental relationships
- Account-based budgeting, forecasting, and hours tracking
- Develop staffing plans, budgets, and promotions
- Take an active role in building a positive agency culture
- Act as leader to junior team members.
- Minimum 4-6 years of sponsorship and integrated marketing experience
- Agency experience preferred but open to corporate and/or property experience
- Have had exposure to complex sponsorship agreements, asset mixes and negotiations.
- Demonstrated strategic thinker with strong influencing skills
- Proactive, takes initiative, and motivates others
- Track record of building strong client relationships
- Ability to inspire award-winning creative
- Drive to consistently deliver a high standard of work
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to lead projects across large groups of stakeholders
- Experience managing people, demonstrating strong mentoring and leadership abilities
- Superior organizational, financial, and time management skills with strong attention to detail
- Understanding of Canadian marketing landscape
- Ability to design and deliver presentations with a creative flair