Website CCMC Sports
Job Description: National Integrated Sales – Contract Role
POSITION: (Junior) Business Development Representative
COMPANY: CCMC (Canadian Controlled Media Communications)
DEPARTMENT: Canadian Hockey League Properties
LOCATION: Toronto or Greater Toronto Area
JOB TYPE: Full time 9am-5pm, 3-month contract position with opportunity to move to permanent
POSTING: Sep 21 – Oct 1, 2021
SUMMARY: If you are a highly motivated, performance driven individual who would work tirelessly to find new clients for some of the best sports media and sponsorship products and services in Canada, then we are looking for you.
We at CCMC, one of Canada’s leading integrated sports marketing companies, work with some of the best sport properties in North America… imagine working every day in the Sports industry!
CCMC has an immediate sales position available for the right candidate to be part of our integrated sales team. The ideal candidate has an interest in sales and possibly even a track record of over achievement in a sales environment working with large corporate accounts. Experience preferably within the media and sponsorship industry. They are comfortable having their compensation directly tied to results and are willing to build our portfolio of clients through cold calls and prospective leads.
About the Canadian Hockey League
The Canadian Hockey League is the world’s largest development hockey league with 52 Canadian and eight American teams participating in the Ontario Hockey League, Quebec Major Junior Hockey League, and Western Hockey League. The CHL supplies more players to the National Hockey League and U SPORTS than any other league.
High-volume prospecting and outreach
Research and development that generates new leads with potential to advertise and sponsor sport properties in Canada
Creation of valuations that fit clients budget requests
Development and customization of sales presentations to clients and agencies
Orchestrate initial presentation and facilitate meetings with clients
Present a diverse and cross mix of sports property sponsorship rights & activation, and traditional & digital media
Provide sales support as needed, including research, proposal development, concept ideation, etc to our senior sales team
Meet agreed-upon sales budgets
· Provide weekly sales reports
· Contribute to planning and execution of select special client events
Education and Experience:
· Post secondary degree in marketing, communications, sports management or related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
· 2-3 years sales experience preferred
· Candidates with prior sponsorship sales/service experience will be strongly considered.
Job Specific Skills and Abilities:
· Must possess strong written and verbal communication skills
· Must be well organized and demonstrate an ability to manage multiple projects with minimal supervision
· Strong interpersonal and relationship-building skills
· Understanding of the sports sponsorship market and sound working knowledge of advertising in both traditional and digital media
· Successful candidate must be efficient with Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
· Ability to multi-task and work under pressure
· Position may include some travel
· $20 to $25 per hour pending on your qualifications
· Opportunity to make commission percentage of sales that you initiated
Action: Send cover letter and resume to: email@example.com
Only parties that qualify for an interview will be contacted.