We provide strategy. We generate revenue. We represent people.
Position Title: Manager, Partnerships
Application Deadline: January 27th, 2023
Desired Start Date: February 27th, 2023
Type of Position: Full-time
Employment Type: Permanent
Location: Hybrid model working in-office (1376 Bayview Avenue Toronto, ON) and remotely.
CIMORONI is an integrated marketing, partnership development and representation agency that achieves results by asking important questions, engineering strategic solutions, and executing effective programs. We work every day with a range of individuals, brands and organizations that energize us to perform inspired work.
We have led complex negotiations and provided strategic counsel for an impressive roster of brands, talent and properties including • WNBA Star Kia Nurse • Ben Mulroney • Olympians Brooke Voigt, Derek Livingston, Justyn Knight • Sportsnet’s Hazel Mae, Kevin Barker, Jeff Marek, Colby Armstrong, Cassie Campbell-Pascall, Caroline Cameron, Danielle Michaud • Paralympian Greg Westlake, Tyler Turner • Athletics Canada / Swimming Canada • ParticipACTION • Red Bull Canada • Mud Hero and more.
Who We Need
CIMORONI needs a Manager, Partnerships who will report to the Vice President while working with all members of the partnerships team. Our ideal candidate will be relentlessly client-focused, an empathetic relationship manager and possess an entrepreneurial mindset.
Position Responsibilities and Duties
- Maintain current knowledge of industry trends, and communicate findings across the organization to identify and research brands and sponsorship opportunities for CIMORONI clients
- Ability to pursue business development opportunities with new, existing, and potential clients, brands, and properties
- Ability to identify and pursue potential sponsors, create connection points and effectively articulate the value proposition
- Work collaboratively with team members in the development of original, creative, and impactful sponsorship sales materials that articulate value proposition
- Manage entire sales process – material development, partner identification, presenting opportunity, negotiation, contract, oversee activation/partnership fulfillment, invoicing, and renewals
- Provide ELT with weekly sales updates on hot leads, new prospects, conversation updates
- Assist the Vice President with the management of contractual elements
Partner & Client Servicing
- Provide and execute strategic partnerships to the portfolio of existing partners of CIMORONI Athlete, Talent and Rights Holder clients, driving measurable and sustainable results
- Manage relationships with existing brand partners, ensuring all information is accurately communicated to clients and partnership deliverables are executed with professionalism
- Develop and present client status update documents
- Assist in accounting and billing administration for all partnership agreements
Other (Reasonable) Duties
- The kinds of things that inevitably come up in a small business
- These duties may include updating spreadsheets, finding a way to get merchandise to a client on short notice, or any other wide variety of tasks
- Attend and contribute to regular internal meetings
- Administrative support in fulfilling client obligations
- 4+ years of experience in sponsorship, with an agency, brand, or property – or other relevant experience
- Deep understanding of core marketing, sponsorship, and general business principles
- Possesses strong leadership capabilities, motivating team members and creating/maintaining client and partner relationships
- Superior interpersonal skills and ability to create a strong rapport
- Quick to ask questions, listen and then act
- Effective communicator – written and verbal
- Proficient in Microsoft 365 and Google Workspace
- Service-oriented people pleaser
- Client-obsessed, with a relentless drive to add value to the client experience
- Detail-oriented and highly organized
- Ability to manage a varied workload and meet deadlines
- A team-oriented attitude, but can thrive working independently
- Not satisfied with ‘good enough’
- Has never said the phrase ‘that’s not my job’
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter and resume by 5:00 pm EST on January 27th, 2023, to firstname.lastname@example.org noting the position title in the subject line. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
CIMORONI is an equal-opportunity employer committed to creating and supporting an inclusive and diverse work environment. Any qualified candidate will receive consideration for employment.