*This position will begin remotely but will be based in Toronto upon offices reopening.
Wasserman connects head and heart to meaningfully grow brands, businesses and careers. We are a partner to the world’s most iconic brands, properties and talent in ventures across sports, music, entertainment and culture. With expertise in strategic brand consulting, creative development, marketing, and talent management, Wasserman is committed to driving value and transforming the businesses of our clients for the better.
Founded in 2002 and headquartered in Los Angeles, Wasserman has offices globally in more than 20 cities including Toronto, London, New York, Raleigh, Carlsbad, The Hague, Portland and Shanghai.
In Canada, we’ve proudly been recognized as the Sponsorship Marketing Council of Canada’s ‘Agency of the Year’ for 2 years running.
Learn more at www.teamwass.com.
Join Our Brand Consulting Team
Wasserman’s Brand Consulting team is a growth engine with momentum. As a consulting team lead, you will shape the partnership strategy for some of the most prominent and exciting brand clients in the country across multiple verticals. Utilizing data and insight-led methodologies, you will design brand & partnership strategies that maximize impact and deliver long-term value. Utilizing critical thinking and marketplace knowledge, you could find yourself consulting on partnerships across sport, arts & entertainment, culture and social impact for Canada’s leading financial institute, airline, sporting goods retailer, or food delivery platform. And with new client opportunities emerging regularly, you might leverage partnership strategy to launch an exciting new tech start-up or guide an international betting brand’s entry into Canada.
Who are we looking for?
You’re a team leader who operates like an owner, tapping into the collective group’s skillsets to deliver thoughtful brand & partnership strategy recommendations. You might be a brand strategist or marketing consultant with experience in a dynamic agency environment. Or maybe you’re leading a culturally relevant brand that leverages sports, entertainment or partnerships to grow your business.
As a passionate, analytical thinker, you get excited when presented with a business or brand challenge, bringing equal parts science and art to inform your approach problem solving. You are relentless about data and detail, with proven ability to unlock insight through research and analysis. Equally important is your ability to communicate recommendations in an impactful manner whether verbally, visually or through compelling copy writing, often to C-Level decision-makers and clients.
You are a natural people leader with a noticeable presence; the type who creates a winning culture that enables a team to thrive through coaching and teamwork. You have no problem rolling up your sleeves to get the work done, but also provide your team with appropriate autonomy to develop their skillsets.
What will you do?
- Assume responsibility for the success of our clients’ partnerships and the client’s experience with Wasserman.
- Build relationships with clients and partners to identify new opportunities to grow revenue with targeted focus on strategic insights, business planning, and program analytics.
- Uncover ongoing sponsorship and market trends within sport, entertainment and lifestyle, translating key insights into strategic recommendations.
- Complete detailed program and partnership valuation and measurement (utilizing proprietary and industry tools) to determine sponsorship ROI and strategic fit for clients
What do you need to succeed?
Successful candidates will have proven skills and can quantify success in brand strategy or consulting-related projects within a professional services environment, including the following:
- Poise, confidence and excellent communication skills both written and verbal; able to communicate with impact and effectiveness at all levels of an organization.
- Understand the landscape for our clients’ business and sector(s), as well as the industry contexts for their investments.
- Use forward-thinking initiative to identify the best strategic opportunities and continue to deliver top results to the client.
- Proven account management skills required in order to create, maintain, and enhance client relationships.
Strategic Problem Solving
- Strong ability to independently disaggregate issues, identify root causes and recommend brand-relevant and category-altering solutions.
- Synthesize significant amounts of information, conduct analyses, and develop influential storylines and presentations (e.g. strategic marketing plans, market landscapes, partnership point of view reports, etc.)
- Prioritize and handle multiple tasks at any given time across a range of clients, researching and analyzing pertinent client, industry, and technical matters.
- Demonstrated strength and working in-depth with Microsoft Excel as well as a proficiency in designing consultative yet visually impactful decks in PowerPoint.
Team Oversight & Development
- Demonstrated ability to independently lead, mentor and grow a diverse and fast-moving team through clear and consistent communication of the organization’s vision, goals and expectations and by actively managing individual staff performance.
- Coach and collaborate with peers who assist with the work, including providing coaching, feedback and guidance on work performance.
- Meticulous, quality-oriented and highly committed; able to work effectively with and through a diverse group of team members assuring client work meets our high standards.
- Develop detailed strategic and tactical roadmaps that align the day-to-day focus to the strategy. This includes driving project management efforts, determining critical milestones, guiding internal parties to meet them and reporting progress in a timely manner
- 8+ years relevant experience; developing solutions for brands with some exposure to partnerships as an element in an integrated marketing mix
- 3+ years of proven people leadership experience
- Demonstrated interest & experience in partnerships across any of sports, music or entertainment.
- Competitive salary and vacation allotment. Robust benefits package and much more!