In support of Global Marketing’s strategic priorities focused around leveraging our sponsorships to be a force for good (connecting meaningfully with customers and their communities) and for growth (supporting key business objectives), the Manager, Sponsorships is responsible for the day-to-day implementation of marketing and communication initiatives that optimize the Arts and Culture sponsorship portfolios aligned to these priorities.
The Arts portfolio includes, but not limited to, Scotiabank Giller Prize, Hot Docs Canadian International Documentary Festival, Scotiabank CONTACT Photography Festival, Scotiabank Photography Award, New Generation Photography Award, and the Canadian Photography Institute at the National Gallery of Canada.
The Manager will collaborate with external sponsorship property partners, relevant internal business lines and regions, donations, research and analytics groups, the branch network, marketing and external agency partners to explore cost-efficient and innovative ways to continue to drive customer-focused and performance-oriented campaigns.
Assist with campaign planning to activate sponsorship properties and events.
- Formulate tactics for sponsorship campaigns, including creative execution, media plans, target audience analysis, operational plans, public relations, onsite brand presence/ consumer experience, and client hospitality
- Collaborate with sponsorship property partners, key internal and external stakeholders to develop the customer brand experience related to each property, including communications, promotions and activations
- Demonstrate strong leadership, strategic thinking, planning, decision-making, and communication skills
Implementation of Sponsorship marketing programs and strategies.
- Collaborate with key stakeholders to develop effective consumer communications
- Oversee the development and implementation of relevant communication materials (print, broadcast, radio, digital, social, in-branch, internal/employee, on-site event management, etc.) for assigned sponsorships
- Manage timelines and budgets, ensuring high impact, high quality marketing communications
Stewardship of Brand Identity within sponsorship initiatives
- Manage and direct brand identity and positioning across sponsorship programs
- Ensure all materials align to brand standards
- Direct and guide agency partners, properties, 3rd party suppliers on brand guidelines, positioning and mandatory sponsorship elements
Engage, develop, and foster relationships with sponsorship properties, agency partners, internal business lines and departments to collaborate, build consensus, drive efficiencies and innovations, and to prevent or resolve conflict
Provide senior and internal stakeholders with project progress reports, identifying any risks, discrepancies and dependencies.
Assist with the development and execution of all requisite briefs and reports, including strategic marketing plans and in-depth post analysis for each campaign
Support Senior Manager, Arts Sponsorship on other initiatives as required
- University degree in Business, Marketing, or related program required.
- Minimum 5 years work experience in Sponsorship/Marketing or a related field.
- Brand stewardship and campaign execution experience required, including marketing planning, brand positioning, sponsorship activation planning and post analysis
- Proactively takes initiative with the ability to work effectively and independently, within tight deadlines and able to adapt to changing deadlines. Ability to prioritize multiple deliverables within a cross-functional team environment that can include many reporting levels and varying skills/competencies
- Excellent organizational skills with proficient knowledge of project management, advertising communication production, and event planning
- High level of accuracy and thoroughness to ensure work is delivered correctly and is of high quality
- Knowledge of sponsorship industry trends, developments, and opportunities.
- Knowledge of the Bank’s products and services, sales tools and service standards, branch environment and other delivery channels
Customer and Results Focus
- Proven ability to develop innovative solutions and concrete marketing strategy and plans that create value for the customer and deliver on measurable KPIs
- Strong analytical skills including financial management, interpreting research studies and data for strategic insights, and campaign results measurements
- Champion creative and innovative solutions for cost efficiency and continuous improvement on all aspects of the sponsorship marketing process
- Flawless implementation with executional excellence
Building Strategic Relationships
- Strong ability to build strategic relationships and maintain collaborative network of contacts internally and externally to help achieve goals and objectives
- Exceptional written & verbal communication and presentation skills
- Strong conceptual abilities and excellent perseverance to solve problems and adapt solutions across a wide range of communications and implementation challenges
- In Toronto – standard office environment (Work from home mandate currently due to COVID-19)
- Infrequent travel – to represent the Bank at sponsorship events
- Frequent ad-hoc requests from senior officers for information and status of initiatives
- Fast-paced and demanding environment
- Evening and weekend work as required