Website Maple Leaf Sport and Entertainment
Maple Leaf Sports & Entertainment (MLSE) one of the world’s premier sports and entertainment companies, owns the Toronto Maple Leafs (NHL), Toronto Raptors (NBA), Toronto FC (MLS), Toronto Argonauts (CFL), Toronto Marlies (AHL), Raptors 905 (NBA D-League), TFC II (USL) and Raptors Uprising Gaming Club, the Toronto Raptors Esports franchise in the NBA 2K League. Its charitable arm, MLSE Foundation, focuses on funding initiatives to support youth through sport and recreational programs. In 2017 MLSE Foundation, with support of community and corporate partners, built MLSE LaunchPad, a 42,000-sq. ft. space dedicated to programming that support its four Pillars: Healthy Body, Healthy Mind, Ready For School and Ready For Work.
MLSE also owns and operates Scotiabank Arena, Canada’s premier sports & entertainment venue hosting more than 200 events each year, as well as two digital channels (Leafs Nation Network and NBA TV Canada), and has a partnership with Live Nation (the biggest concert promoter in the world). MLSE has also invested in and operates five of Toronto’s sports facilities – Coca-Cola Coliseum, BMO Field, BMO Training Grounds at Downsview Park, home of Toronto FC’s Academy and the First Team’s practice facility, the Toronto Raptors’ training facility and the MasterCard Centre for Hockey Excellence, the practice facility for the Maple Leafs and Marlies.
MLSE’s common purpose is to unite and empower employees to deliver extraordinary moments to our fans and each other.
Reporting to the Director, Partnerships of Music & Live Events, you will focus on the development and sales of national music partnerships (sponsorship) for Live Nation Canada, for which MLSE is the national sponsorship agency. We are looking for a client-centric, sales manager with a passion for building and delivering outstanding campaigns to join the Music & Live Events Partnerships team.
- Lead our portfolio of integrated partnership development; build strong and trusted business relationships with senior clients through regular and pro-active contact, continually seeking to secure and renew brand partnerships for Live Nation
- Achieve revenue targets, manage a new business pipeline, secure meetings with prospective clients, and provide status reports accordingly to internal and external stakeholders
- Analyze and mine open categories to ensure partnership pipeline is strong
- Work in collaboration with strategy lead to develop customized, integrated and innovative partnership proposals that demonstrate insight and knowledge of client’s businesses and the world of music
- Lead presentations to new prospects and negotiate packages to potential Live Nation partners
- Initiate and maintain regular contact with clients and/or client’s agency, developing strong professional relationships
- Provide thought leadership to partners during the ideation phase and throughout delivery; raise the bar of creativity and strategic delivery
- Develop a deep and thorough understanding of the partners’ business and competitive environment in order to continually deliver against business objectives for both the partner and Live Nation
- Proactively identify and manage critical issues; demonstrate resilience and adapt to evolving plans and strategies; where conflicting issues on partnerships arise, able to find solutions along with the internal team
- Work in collaboration with Live Nation to identify and develop new commercialized strategies that can be presented to partners as sellable opportunities
- You are a creative, energetic and an organized thought leader, driven to deliver breakthrough and compelling multi-platform marketing and digital solutions.
- A minimum of 5 years of demonstrated success in a sales and/or sponsorship marketing role
- Experience with successfully managing a new business pipeline
- Strong proficiency using PowerPoint and Excel
- Excellent client communication skills, presentation skills and confidence in leading conversations
- Creative problem solving and experienced negotiating skills
- Experience developing and managing budgets and a sales pipeline
- A genuine interest in evolving consumer and cultural trends
- Ability to think ‘big picture’ in both strategy and execution
- Ability to build and develop professional relationships both inside and outside of the organization with ease
- You have an ongoing awareness and a proactive responsiveness to client satisfaction
- You are responsible, accountable and solutions-focused; you deliver on promises and take initiative.
- You are honest and direct; you believe that good enough just isn’t enough.
- You are up for a challenge: a demanding position where you can share in the wins of the organization alongside your colleagues across various departments.
- You are a high performing individual and leader who aims to contribute to a diverse and dynamic team, and who brings a positive and uplifting energy to work every day
- You thrive in a fast-paced environment where no two days are the same. You are able to work during some events in the evenings and weekends when applicable – this is the entertainment business, after all.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Please note that due to the partnership with Live Nation Canada, your application may be shared with Live Nation Canada.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Maple Leaf Sports & Entertainment Partnership will provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities in the job application process. If you have difficulty using our online application system and you need accommodation due to a disability, please email: email@example.com. Please note this email is only for accommodation requests. Resumes sent to this email address will not be considered.