Website Hockey Canada
Reporting directly to the Vice President, Partnership Strategy and Licensing, the Manager, Partnerships will be responsible for day-to-day servicing for accounts and operations related to strategic growth and revenue growth targets. They will have a “can do” attitude and deliver best-in-class servicing, strategy and fulfillment for Hockey Canada, World Junior Championship (“WJC”), Women’s World Championship (“WWC) and other sponsors, suppliers and stakeholders as required.
POSITION KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for the overall management and day-to-day servicing of assigned accounts, including: strategic planning, revenue growth targets and all operations necessary to profitably retain, grow and service the customer
- Lead delivery of contractual obligations as agreed upon between Hockey Canada and assigned partners, engaging other Hockey Canada departments and WJC/WWC operations teams as necessary
- Develop annual partner plans including critical paths, contact strategy, business opportunities, key areas of focus, brand insights, etc.
- Work with strategic partner accounts and maximize revenue potential
- Collaborate with partners to develop and execute company specific strategies and activations
- Deliver partner communications, develop joint collateral, and strategically manage joint events
- Liaise with Hockey Canada departments, including MarCom, Events, Operations, Licensing, Member Engagement, Hockey Operations and Finance to support sponsor activities
- Support coordinators in creation of client contact reports, post event reports, and other presentations as may be required
- Become an expert on our product, our partners and the markets in which we compete
- Forecast pipeline and revenue from assigned partners on a quarterly and annual basis
- Develop annual client service budgets and maintain ongoing tracking
- Lead or assist with annual sponsor summit and other client events, as required
- Take an active role in contributing to a positive Hockey Canada culture
- Support sponsor involvement/revenue development with the Hockey Canada Foundation as required
- Assist with development, forecasting and reporting of annual departmental sponsorship budget, as needed.
- Update job knowledge by participating in conferences and educational opportunities; reading professional publications, maintaining personal networks, participating in professional organizations
- Enhance department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments
- 4-5 years’ experience in a partner/sponsor management, partner servicing, or marketing-related role
- Bachelor Degree or diploma in Sport Marketing or Management, Business Administration, Marketing or a related field required
- Project management background and expertise
- Solid understanding of marketing programs, events and promotions, as well as experience in developing partner marketing plans
- Hands-on, self-directed manager who plans, prepares and executes professionally
- Excellent interpersonal skills; promotes cooperation and commitment within a team to achieve goals and objectives
- Demonstrated communication skills; ability to use a broad range of communication techniques to effectively communicate to varying audiences in a variety of situations
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills; ability to balance conflicting priorities in order to manage workflow, ensure the completion of essential projects and meet deadlines
- High level of integrity; earns others’ trust and respect through consistent honesty and professionalism in all interactions
- Demonstrated high level of proficiency in Microsoft Programs, Outlook and ability to quickly adapt to new technology and easily acquire new technical skills
- Bilingualism (English/French) is an asset
- Satisfactory Criminal Record Check including Vulnerable Sector Verification
At Hockey Canada we are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity within our organization. Qualified Candidates are invited to submit their resume including salary expectations to email@example.com.
**A Satisfactory Criminal Record Check and Vulnerable Person’s Check is required of all Hockey Canada Employees and Volunteers.