Website Multiple Sclerosis Society of Canada
Are you someone who is passionate about the work that you do? Do you want your next adventure to be part of a great cause? If so, look no further than the MS Society of Canada! Our team is looking for a Director, Sponsorship and Cause Marketing on a full-time basis working 35 hours per week in Toronto, Ontario.
Who we are
We have a bold vision of a world free of Multiple Sclerosis (MS). Our mission is to connect and empower the MS community to create positive change and you can be part of that!
Canada has one of the highest rates of MS in the world, with an estimated 90,000 Canadians living with the disease.
We are privileged to be a part of a determined group of change agents who are working tirelessly to create a world free of MS. Some 1500 Canadians affected by MS serve as leadership volunteers on division and chapter councils and committees and an estimated 13,500 volunteers work tirelessly delivering programs, fundraising events, public awareness campaigns and social action activities.
Through discoveries, innovation and collective action, we will work together to alleviate the uncertainty that MS causes, help provide accessible options for disease management, and reach out to partners to eliminate physical and social barriers in our communities.
Our strategy not only lays out the roadmap in our journey to create a world free of MS, but we hope it also provides inspiration for all in the MS community to connect and collaborate in order to advance treatment and care, enhance well-being, understand and halt disease progression, and prevent MS from happening. Discover. Innovate. Act.
What we offer
At the MS Society of Canada, we have a comprehensive benefits package that includes health, dental, short-term disability, an employee and family assistance program (EFAP) and travel insurance, to name a few. We also offer a RRSP matching program. Not only do we close between Christmas and New Years, but we also have half-day Fridays before long weekends! On top of that, we offer flexible working arrangements and opportunities to work remotely as well. Who wouldn’t want all of that?
The role you will play
- In collaboration with colleagues across the MS Society, develop and lead the creation of a cohesive and robust sponsorship, cause marketing and employee engagement framework including policies, asset identification and valuations.
- Drive revenue for the MS Society through the acquisition of new corporate sponsorships for organization-wide Peer to Peer events, cause marketing partnerships, and employee engagement opportunities, as well as renewals and upgrades.
- Deliver sustained revenue growth from the creation of innovative, scalable sponsorship and cause marketing agreements to ensure annual financial targets are achieved.
- Develop creative and impactful sponsorship, cause marketing, and employee engagement materials that meet the needs of corporate Canada.
- Work collaboratively across the organization to ensure sponsorship and cause marketing partnership fulfilment, reporting and stewardship.
- Serve as the subject matter expert on consumer trends, competitive landscape insights and best practices in corporate sponsorship, cause marketing and employee engagement, and leverage these insights to drive brand awareness and revenue opportunities.
- Develop and maintain effective tracking systems and processes to ensure deadlines are met, and lead stewardship efforts to communicate and demonstrate impact to stakeholders.
What you will bring
Are you someone who has/is:
- Eight to ten years experience with the full spectrum of corporate partnerships from sponsorship to cause marketing to employee engagement, with a strong track record of revenue growth from existing relationships and securing revenue from new relationships?
- A powerful relationship builder with an active network of contacts across high profile corporations and organizations?
- A proven track record of managing and growing a pipeline of sponsorship, cause marketing and employee engagement leads using a variety of tools?
- A goal-oriented team builder and team player with a very collaborative and customer-service oriented spirit necessary to build trust and rapport with corporate partners, senior volunteers and colleagues?
- Strong knowledge of the Canadian sponsorship, cause marketing and employee engagement environment and experience with activation and execution?
- Effective contract negotiation skills with the ability to provide strategic and creative direction?
- Significant project management experience and a demonstrated capacity to manage multiple projects with competing deadlines?
- Demonstrated ability and capacity to manage and mentor and to keep a team moving at a productive pace?
- Driven and dedicated, with the ability to work flexible hours and travel when required?
- Experience in, and commitment to, using CRM systems (e.g., SalesForce) in support of sponsorship, cause marketing and employee engagement efforts?
- Fluency in French (spoken and written) would be considered an asset?
If this sounds like you, then we want to hear from you!
If everything you have read so far has made you want to be part of this fantastic team, please send your application that includes your resume, cover letter and salary expectations to email@example.com by October 4th, 2021. Applications without salary expectations will not be considered.
All positions at the MS Society of Canada will require a criminal background check.
The MS Society is dedicated to encouraging a supportive and inclusive culture amongst the whole workforce.
Our aim is to ensure that all employees, volunteers and those interested in joining our team are given equal opportunity and that our organization is representative of all sections of society. We encourage all qualified applicants to apply.
We are committed to accommodating applicants’ needs throughout the selection process. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org should you need accommodation.
To learn more about the MS Society of Canada and the great work that we do, we encourage you to visit www.mssociety.ca.