Website National Hockey League
The primary responsibilities of this role are to provide direct day-to-day support to the Partnership Marketing team in relation to annual programming and activation for a portfolio of NHL Corporate Marketing Partners. The candidate will also be responsible for the fulfillment of partner obligations tied to select Third Party Advertising Campaigns and Product Promotion, NHL Jewel Events, NHL Media and other NHL Initiatives.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Support the manager on the day-to-day marketing activations for NHL Corporate Marketing Partners, including the following responsibilities:
- Lead ongoing partner approvals, some of which to include: brand advertising, sweepstakes promotions, e-mail campaigns, premium items, retail items, content, PR, event and brand activation
- Proactively manage the development and implementation of all partner programs/activations throughout the season with a direct focus on NHL Jewel Events (Heritage Classic, All-Star Weekend, Winter Classic, Stanley Cup Playoffs, Stanley Cup Final, Draft and Awards)
Accurately interpret contracts and related legal documents for purposes of ensuring the fulfilment of all partner deliverables
- Coordinate the delivery of all necessary NHL marketing and/or media assets as per each partnership agreement
- Work effectively with several internal divisions of the NHL to meet deadlines and coordinate necessary program deliverables
- Research, write and develop client presentations, event summaries and meeting/event recaps
- Run partner status meetings, circulate and maintain status reports and meeting agendas
- Compile necessary category relevant research/background information to help the team stay informed on each partners’ business and generate new creative ideas for partner campaigns
- Attend and contribute to meetings/presentations with partners
- Lead partner activation tracking and monitor all marketing fund allocations
- Highly organized with the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Strong attention to detail
- Superior interpersonal and relationship management skills
- Strong level of customer service / account management training
- Exceptional communication skills and command of the English language (written and verbal), additional proficiency in French (written and verbal) is an asset
- Strong problem-solving skills with an ability to be flexible and adapt quickly
- Ability to work effectively both independently and within a team environment
- Possess a positive, can-do attitude
- Curious and motivated with a desire to make NHL Partner programming incrementally better
- High level of interest / familiarity in emerging media & social media platforms
- Familiarity with sports marketing and the sport of hockey
- Experience working with Microsoft Office
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
Successful completion of post-secondary education in Commerce and/or Marketing
3+ years marketing experience within brand/sports/entertainment marketing, event management, media and/or promotion
We thank all applicants for their interest in this opportunity however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
No phone calls, emails, or recruitment agency inquiries. Candidate application receipt confirmations and/or recruitment status update inquiries will not be provided.
The National Hockey League is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as an individual with a disability, or any other legally protected characteristic. The NHL welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.