Website Science World
Regular Full Time
Position: Corporate Partnerships Officer
Reports to: Manager, Corporate Partnerships
Science World is a mission-based, charitable organization that supports the development of STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Art & Design and Math) literacy across British Columbia. Our mission is to ignite wonder and empower dreams through science and nature and our purpose is Science for All.
Our people are our greatest asset. As part of our team, you will become part of a diverse community that acknowledges everyone’s unique talents and empowers people to do what is right for our visitors and each other. You will work in an environment where we believe in developing our employees and growing their strengths, while focusing on our values: Curious, Playful, Inclusive, Relevant and Collaborative.
We are seeking a motivated individual to grow corporate revenue and engagement in support of Science World’s mission. Through inter and cross-departmental cooperation, this position will enable mutually beneficial relationships between Science World and a wide range of corporate partners to bring maximum value for Science World. The candidate will work collaboratively across the organization to meet short- and long-term goals to assist Science World in delivering and scaling STEAM literacy across the province.
Reporting to the Manager, Corporate Partnerships, this position is part of the Development team and is responsible for providing comprehensive support to all of the fundraising activities of Science World. This position requires the ability to foster and develop relationships with corporate leaders, donors, staff members, volunteers and the wider community.
As a facility, Science World is generally open to the public seven days a week, with some extended evening hours in the summer months. Typical office hours are Monday to Friday 8:30am – 5:30pm, with front-facing and operational teams also working a variety of shifts including weekends, holidays and evenings. Hours of work and other related requirements will be scheduled according to business needs and this may include special events on evenings, weekends and holidays.
· Under the direction of the Manager, Corporate Partnerships identify, cultivate and solicit public and private corporations to develop innovative corporate partnership agreements with existing and prospective sponsors which will generate financial and/or in-kind support of Science World programs and mission-related activities including sponsorship, employee engagement, event participation, cause-related marketing, promotion, philanthropic giving, etc.
· Responsible for meeting identified corporate partnership revenue goals to generate, sustain, and increase funds for mission-related purposes
· Demonstrate best practices in corporate partnerships including execution of effective discovery meetings, development of comprehensive proposals designed to address the objectives of both the prospect and Science World, account management, sponsor fulfillment and recognition, reporting, meeting or exceeding goals and expectations, and cultivating a culture of philanthropy
· Support the sponsorship strategy and execution through inter-departmental collaboration of Science World’s signature events, such as Girls & STEAM and Science of Cocktails
· Optimize corporate partnership agreements to ensure maximum benefit for Science World
· Under the direction of the Manager, Corporate Partnerships and in partnership with other team members, identify opportunities to maximize corporate support across all programs and activities
· Work collaboratively, cross-functionally and diplomatically across Science World, to support the development and on-going stewardship of account strategies on Science World’s corporate accounts to maximize corporate support across all programs and activities
· Identify new prospects to continuously build the corporate partner pipeline and manage a diverse corporate prospect pipeline to support all activities and programs
· Timely execution of sponsor cultivation and stewardship activities including proposals, partnership agreements, activations and fulfillment, reporting and pledge materials as required
· Promote a culture that is donor-centric, where requests from internal and external stakeholders are responded to with a high degree of urgency, professionalism and accuracy
· Operate within the philosophy, culture, and values of Science World
· Perform other related duties as required to fulfill any changing business needs of this role
· 4-6 years of proven experience in a non-profit environment or high relationship-based environment
· University or College degree in Sales, Business Management, Fundraising or related discipline
· Proven experience cultivating, securing and growing revenue from corporate prospects
· Strong written and oral communication skills to communicate with a diverse donor community
· Strong attention to detail; superb organizational problem-solving skills
· Ability to collaborate effectively with internal and external stakeholders, with proven interpersonal savvy and a keen sense of diplomacy
· Resourceful and organized; able to manage competing priorities, complex situations and deadlines
· Proficient computer skills in Microsoft Office and Raiser’s Edge an asset
· Valid BC Driver’s License
· Some flexible hours to accommodate various meetings and events with staff, volunteers, prospects and donors are a requirement for this position
This is a unionized position represented by CUPE 1004.
The pay range for this position is $64,000 – $76,000 per year.
Science World offers a substantial benefits package after successfully completing probation, including Extended Health, Dental, Voluntary RRSP/TFSA Plan, generous paid time off (vacation, sick, wellness days), Personal Enrichment Day, Science World membership, RRSP matching, Hybrid Work environment and Professional Development.
Do you feel you have not met every requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of colour are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification in the job posting.
Science World is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment so we strongly encourage you to apply even if you do not believe you meet every single qualification outlined, as you may have transferable skills that would be an asset to our team.
Please apply by January 22, 2024 via the Science World careers portal: http://scienceworld.ca/jobs
Please upload a cover letter and a copy of your resume as part of your application
* All offers are subject to satisfactory completion of reference and police criminal record checks.
We would like to thank all candidates. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted *