Website Science World
(Regular Full Time)
Position: Corporate Partnerships Officer
Reports to: Director, Corporate Partnerships
Science World is a BC-based charitable organization that engages the people of British Columbia in STEAM literacy. Our mission is to ignite wonder and empower dreams through science and nature. All Science World employees embody our values: Curious, Playful, Inclusive, Relevant and Collaborative. We also work with our employees to develop our identified core competencies at all levels of the organization.
We are seeking a motivated individual to grow corporate revenue and engagement in support of Science World’s mission. Through inter and cross-departmental cooperation, this position will enable mutually beneficial relationships between Science World and a wide range of corporate partners to bring maximum value for Science World. The candidate will work collaboratively across the organization to meet short- and long-term goals to assist Science World in delivering and scaling STEAM literacy across the province.
Reporting to the Director, Corporate Partnerships, this position is part of the Development team and is responsible for providing comprehensive support to all of the fundraising activities of Science World. This position requires the ability to foster and develop key relationships with corporate leaders, donors, staff members, volunteers and the wider community.
· Under the direction of the Director, identify, cultivate and solicit public and private corporations to develop innovative partnership opportunities which will generate financial and/or in-kind support of Science World including sponsorship, employee engagement, event participation, cause-related marketing, promotion, philanthropic giving, etc.
· Responsible for meeting identified corporate partnership revenue goals to generate, sustain, and increase funds for mission-related purposes
· Demonstrate best practices in corporate partnerships including execution of effective discovery meetings, development of comprehensive proposals designed to address the objectives of both the prospect and Science World, account management, sponsor fulfillment and recognition, reporting, meeting or exceeding goals and expectations, and cultivating a culture of philanthropy
· Secure new partnership agreements with existing and prospective sponsors leveraging both current and new Science World programs and mission-related activities
· Lead the sponsorship strategy and execution through inter-departmental collaboration of Science World’s signature event, Girls & STEAM
· Optimize corporate partnership agreements to ensure maximum benefit for Science World
· Work in partnership with the Director, Corporate Partnerships and other team members as identified to maximize corporate support and opportunities across all programs and activities
· Drive collaboration, cross-functionally and diplomatically across Science World, to lead the development and on-going stewardship of account strategies on Science World’s key corporate accounts
· Identify new prospects to continuously build the corporate partner pipeline at Science World and manage a diverse corporate prospect pipeline to support all activities and programs
· Timely execution of sponsor cultivation and stewardship activities including proposals, partnership agreements, activations and fulfillment, reporting and pledge materials as required
· Promote a culture that is donor-centric, where requests from internal and external stakeholders are responded to with a high degree of urgency, professionalism and accuracy
· Operate within the philosophy, culture, and values of Science World
· Perform other duties as required
· Responsible for meeting corporate partnership funding goals as directed
· Effectively collaborate with Development team staff to ensure maximum revenue and implementation of fundraising best practices
· High level of involvement, collaboration and communication with staff, donors, prospects and volunteers both internally and externally
· Must effectively manage all relationships to ensure a positive impact to Science World’s bottom line and community reputation
· Embrace and demonstrate the core values of the organization
· 5-7 years of proven experience in a non-profit environment or high relationship-based environment
· University or College degree in Sales, Business Management, Fundraising or related discipline
· Proven experience cultivating, securing and growing revenue from corporate prospects
· Must possess a valid Class 5 BC driver’s license with a clean driving record and access to a reliable vehicle
· Flexible hours to accommodate various meetings and events with staff, volunteers and donors are a requirement for this position
Must demonstrate the following:
· Proven corporate development and/or related sales experience
· Strong written and oral communication skills
· Ability to develop, maintain and actively leverage cooperative working relationships
· Strong attention to detail; superb organizational and problem-solving skills
· Demonstrated ability to work both in a team environment as well as independently
· Strong work ethic and solution-based approach
· Ability to successfully guide and execute partnerships in a matrixed reporting environment
· The ability to collaborate effectively with internal and external stakeholders, with proven interpersonal savvy and a keen sense of diplomacy
· Resourceful and organized; able to manage competing priorities, complex situations and deadlines
· Proficient computer skills in Microsoft Office
· Experience with RE is an asset
It is conditional on pre-employment at Science World to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
Please apply by Monday, January 9, 2022 via the Science World careers portal: http://scienceworld.ca/jobs
Please upload a cover letter and a copy of your resume as part of your application
* All offers are subject to satisfactory completion of reference and police criminal record checks.
We would like to thank all candidates. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted *