Wasserman connects head and heart to meaningfully grow brands, businesses and careers.
We are a partner to the world’s most iconic brands, properties and talent in ventures across sports, entertainment and culture. With expertise in strategic consulting, creative development, marketing, and talent management, Wasserman is committed to driving value and transforming the businesses of our clients for the better.
Founded in 2002 and headquartered in Los Angeles, Wasserman has offices globally in more than 20 cities including Toronto, London, New York, Raleigh, Carlsbad, The Hague, Portland and Shanghai. Learn more at www.teamwass.com
What we are looking for?
You are a dynamic, critical thinker with an eagerness to do whatever it takes to uncover meaningful insights. You are self-motivated and thrive in a team-oriented, creative environment. In your role, you will collaborate with a group of high-impact consultants to develop forward-thinking marketing and sponsorship recommendations for Wasserman’s brand clients. Successful candidates will have the ability to master the art of strategic storytelling through thoughtful and rigorous qualitative and quantitative analysis. Utilizing strong verbal and visual communication skills, you will have the opportunity to deliver best-in-class client service, maintaining Wasserman’s standard of excellence across everything we do. If you have a passion for problem solving and want to be part of an exciting, high performance agency that puts people first, then we’d love to hear from you!
This position will begin remotely but will be based in Toronto upon offices reopening.
What will you do?
Successful candidates have proven skills and can quantify success in brand strategy & consulting-related projects within a professional services environment, using creative thinking and individual initiative, including the following
- Strong ability to independently disaggregate issues, identify root causes and recommend solutions.
- Synthesize significant amounts of information, conduct analyses, and develop influential storylines and presentations (e.g. strategic marketing plans, market landscapes, partnership point of view reports, etc.)
- Use forward-thinking initiative to identify the best strategic opportunities and continue to deliver top results to the client.
- Prioritize and handle multiple tasks, researching and analyzing pertinent client, industry, and technical matters.
- Coach and collaborate with peers who assist with the work, including providing coaching, feedback and guidance on work performance.
- Understand the landscape for our clients’ business and sector(s), as well as the industry contexts for their investments.
- Develop detailed strategic and tactical roadmaps that align the day-to-day focus to the strategy. This includes driving project management efforts, determining critical milestones, guiding internal parties to meet them and reporting progress in a timely manner.
- Lead client work as an expert in analysis and methodology by creating appropriate sponsorship and governance models.
- Monitor and analyze ongoing sponsorship and market trends within sports, entertainment and lifestyle. Translate the key insights and learnings into strategic recommendations.
- Build relationships with clients and partners to identify new opportunities to grow revenue with targeted focus on strategic insights, business planning, and program analytics.
- Direct experience or working knowledge of brand & sponsorship strategy
- Proven account management skills required in order to create, maintain, and enhance client relationships
- Poise, confidence and excellent communication skills both written and verbal; able to communicate with impact and effectiveness at all levels of an organization
- Demonstrated ability to independently lead, mentor and grow a diverse and fast-moving team through clear and consistent communication of the organization’s vision, goals and expectations and by actively managing individual staff performance
- Meticulous, quality-oriented and highly committed; able to work effectively with a diverse group of team members
- Innate curiosity, proactive thinking and ability to think creatively when planning strategy, considering client objectives, key insights, and practical parameters
- Well-developed analytical and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated strength in working in-depth with Microsoft Excel as well as a proficiency in designing consultative yet visually impactful decks in PowerPoint
- Working knowledge of project management fundamentals with strong attention to detail and ability to maintain high level of organization
What experience are we looking for?
- 6+ years relevant experience with minimum 3 years of direct experience in strategic brand, sponsorship consulting, and/or insights & analytics functions
- Bachelor’s Degree