We are looking for a highly motivated, dynamic, strategic sponsorship marketing professional to join our incredibly talented team. In this exciting role you will help bring the TELUS brand to life through compelling, authentic 360 degree marketing initiatives with strategic partners across the country delivering quality and impactful results. From CFL, NHL, Hockey Canada, Whistler Blackcomb (plus other top tier resorts), science centres, and more – we are committed to leveraging our partnerships to help create remarkable human outcomes through technology enablement for the benefit of our customers and communities.
The role will support the Director, Sponsorship Marketing by leading key partnerships to drive business and brand objectives through contractual rights and benefits. You will join a team of some of the best and brightest sponsorship minds in the country. We all share the fundamental belief that we have the best jobs in the company (and in Canada!) and if we aren’t having fun with what we do, we are doing it wrong.
This role will require a high degree of collaboration and communication with other team members across business units within TELUS and key external stakeholders.
What You Will Do
- Acts as the single point of contact for our partners, building strong relationships, ensuring seamless delivery of rights and benefits, connecting assets to relevant parts of the business, championing the partnership internally, removing obstacles and renegotiating benefits as required
- Develop event/activation briefs, executive summaries, status reports, post-execution analysis documents, and expert presentation decks reporting results
- Establish and maintain relationships with key internal and external stakeholders
- Support the development of integrated campaigns and activation strategies to drive awareness and affinity
- Lead and influence large-scale, cross-functional internal and external teams to establish and communicate objectives, remove obstacles, advance timelines, build consensus, navigate issues diplomatically and motivate stakeholders
- Forecast, manage and be accountable for budgets, expenses and invoice management for your projects
What You Will Bring
- Strong project management skills (e.g., building and tracking work plan, meeting deadlines in an in-flux environment)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills. Ability to communicate effectively with partners and peers
- Can quickly establish and influence relationships
- Strong communicator, able to work directly, frequently, with numerous stakeholders to achieve business objectives
- Ability to multi-task and thrive in a rapidly changing environment
- Seasoned pro at creating strong, concise and visual presentations
- Google suite prowess and stellar communication skills (both written and verbal) including: creating agendas/contact reports, building executive briefs, activation plans/presentation materials, and post-execution analysis – design and photoshop experience is a plus
- Sponsorship know-how, experience in contractual rights, terms and implications
- A willingness to travel (in the future) and to work irregular hours
- Can embody the company culture
What You Get
- A chance to work on highly coveted, extremely fun jobs – in fact, we believe we have the best jobs at TELUS and even in the country!
- An opportunity to work alongside some of the best marketing minds in the industry, and among the leading partner brands in the country. Our team is awesome – we have the brightest and best in the industry, and we have fun doing what we do.
- We partner with some of the best partners / rights holders in the country, and with the resources required to make an impact
- Pride in working for a company that sincerely is committed to doing good in the world, and making lasting differences in our communities
- Competitive pay, profit sharing bonus, stock purchase plan, dedication to team engagement; career development and after-hour educational assistance, flexible benefit plan with many innovative options and programs, DC Pension, flexible work styles, and more!
Required Professional Designation / Certification:
- Related bachelor’s degree, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Post-secondary courses in business, marketing, event management, sport marketing, communications or related subjects preferred.
- Professional membership in any of the following preferred: Canadian Society for Professional Event Planners, Canadian Special Events Society, Sponsorship Marketing Council of Canada, American Marketing Association
- Minimum 6+ years’ equivalent experience, preferably in a large corporate setting and/or in sponsorship
Who is TELUS?
We’re a high-performing team of individuals who collectively make TELUS one of the leading telecommunications companies in Canada. Our competitive consumer offerings include wireline, wireless, internet and Optik TV™. We also deliver a compelling range of products and services for small, medium and large businesses; and have carved out a leadership position in the health, energy, finance and public sector markets with innovative industry specific solutions.
Everyone belongs at TELUS. It doesn’t matter who you are, what you do or how you do it, at TELUS, your unique contribution and talents will be valued and respected. Because the more diverse perspectives we have the more likely we are to crack the code on what our customers want and our communities need.
Do you share our passion?
At TELUS, you create future friendly® possibilities.
At TELUS, we are committed to diversity and equitable access to employment opportunities based on ability.