2021/2022 SMCC Board of Directors:
call for applications
The Board of Directors of the Sponsorship Marketing Council Canada invites applications for nine (9) Director at Large positions and one (1) Director, Montreal Market on the Board of Directors for a term of up to three (3) years beginning in November 2021.
Responsibilities of the Board of Directors
The Board of Directors of the Corporation are elected representatives that oversee and direct the activities of SMCC. The Board of Directors are responsible for managing the affairs, activities and property of SMCC and have the authority and responsibility for establishing the overall direction and general operating policies of SMCC with respect to matters of general interest to all members. The Board is expected to represent the best interests of the members and the organization.
Board of Directors Eligibility Requirements
- Must be an active member of SMCC;
- Must have extensive industry experience;
- Must have an established network in the industry;
- Must hold a senior leadership position in the industry;
- Experience on an SMCC committee is preferred; and
- Director positions for the Vancouver market, Calgary market and Montreal market must be primarily located in Vancouver, British Columbia, Calgary, Alberta and Montreal, Quebec; Director at Large positions can be located anywhere in Canada.
Members must apply in advance of the Annual General Meeting by completing the online application form no later than Friday, August 27, 2021. Click here to submit your application.
Elections will take place by electronic vote on the SMCC website in September and October. The Elections Committee will tabulate the results of the election and present them to the Board. The Board will appoint duties to the elected officer as determined by the election results and will put forward a motion for the Slate of Directors, which will be ratified at the Annual General Meeting in November.
If you have any questions about the SMCC Board of Directors application and election processes, please contact the SMCC Office.